The Ultimate Window Washing Procedure
Getting your windows sparkling clean may seem like an easy task, but it’s not as simple as it may seem. There’s a certain window washing procedure you should follow in order to get the cleanest windows and avoid doing any sort of damage to the glass.
Start With The Supplies
In order to get into the full window washing procedure, you will have to go out and purchase some supplies. Many people don’t see the point in buying supplies for a one-time use so rather they decide to just have a professional window washing company clean their windows.
But if you’re choosing to do them yourself, you’ll need to equip yourself with a bucket of water diluted with the proper cleaning solution you’re using. Along with the water, you’ll want to have a sponge, a squeegee, a few clean, lint-free dry cloths, and probably a ladder.
Here’s how the window washing procedure might look:
1. Prepare your cleaning solution. Some recommend mixing your water with dish soap, others have a professional cleaning solution they like to use. Whatever works for you. Adding the soap will ensure an ease of clean.
2. Dip your sponge into the bucket of water and begin scrubbing. you’ll want to make sure you reach every single inch of the window, otherwise you may notice uncleaned spots later on that you’ll have to go back and clean up.
3. After scrubbing the entire window, the next step in the window washing procedure the satisfying part. Using the squeegee, you’ll want to clean off all the excess water from the window. This part can be tricky because you want to avoid there being streaks after you are done. In order to avoids streaks, try to do the entire window in constant motion. In other words, do not lift the squeegee from the window until all the water is gone.
4. Step four in the window washing procedure, you’ll get your lint-free cloth and wipe down all the window cells. This will ensure there is no dirty water sitting on the window cell.
5. The last step is simply ensuring the window looks great. If you’re up on a ladder, you probably won’t want to go back up and redo the same window later. So take a moment here and check for any streaks or dirt that remains on the window and fix it before going off the ladder. And don’t forget your ladder safety!
Additional Tips For The Window Washing Procedure
If you’ve ever watched professionals clean windows, you’ve probably noticed that they are usually wearing some sort of utility belt that is able to hold their supplies. This is not just for convenience, but also for safety purposes. It also decreases up and down traffic on the ladder.
If you plan to clean your own windows, you’ll also want to take a minute and ensure the products you are using are okay for the type of windows on your home. The last thing you would want is to have tons of scratches all over your windows.
Does The Window Washing Procedure Sound Complicated?
If this all sounds like a lot of wok and you think it’ll be easier to just call professional window washers who are sure to get the job done right, call The Boys Next Door. With many years of experience and all the right certifications, you’ll be sure to get the best bang for your buck. Life’s too short to live with dirty windows, call now!